Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year, New Name, New Focus

One of my New Year's resolutions was to spend more time blogging. Although I love to write and supposedly blog for four different blogs, the arrival of Baby #3 this past July has significantly cut into my available writing time. All all of my blogs are neglected - this one, I'm sad to say, the most severely. Even the name (Two Kids Two Close) is outdated since the aforementioned third child arrived almost SIX months ago. I've written before about my struggles to find material for this blog. So as part of my resolution, I'm taking another stab at not only updating the name, but trying to give it a renewed focus.

It occurred to me the other day that I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how in the hell to parent boys. Being a girl and further, the oldest in a family of all girls, I really don't know anything about boys. Getting to know my husband over the past decade or so has provided some insight, but not much,since his ways are often still a mystery to me.

At Christmas, my aunt sent me a copy of Dr. James Dobson's Bringing Up Boys, probably in the hopes that I would read it, catch a clue, and get some control over my kids. Although I have absolutely NO time to read and if I did, I would be starting the uber-addictive (or so I hear) Twilight series, I figured it was in my best interests to clear time for this reading material before I do some permanent damage to my kids. I am about halfway through it, and I've already gained some valuable insights, which I will share in my next post.

But for now, just thought I'd kick off the year by announcing my new and improved focus for this blog - parenting all boys. And who knows, since I've experienced living in a family of all girls, I may throw in a little compare/contrast here and there. Stay tuned for lessons learned from Dr. Dobson later this week and Happy New Year!

No comments: