Sunday, September 7, 2008

Trying Something New, Part II

On Saturday, I attended a book signing for Sleep is For the Weak that was exciting for two reasons:
In a sad twist of irony that is the perfect ending to my Decatur Book Festival saga posted earlier this week, it turns out that some of the contributors to Sleep is For the Weak were actually AT the festival last weekend when I was there, so I could've saved myself an extra trip. Ugh. But hey - at least I finally got to see Beehive Co-Op!

The upshot of the excursion was:
  • It was nice to leave my house, where I have been holed up with my new baby for the past 6 weeks. As a bonus, the weather is a little bit cooler than it was 6 weeks ago - fall is on the horizon!
  • It was exciting to meet rock stars of the mommy blogging world.
  • The book is cute and worth a read - an entertaining compilation of essays on parenting from a host of mommy bloggers. My favorite section was the last one, entitled "Personal Growth Blows".
  • Beehive Co-Op is awesome and worth a trip - tons of unique, one-of-a-kind locally made clothing (children and adults), accessories, and home decorative items. Unfortunately for me, I had my baby in tow. He HATES the car, so when he woke up halfway through the excursion I had to haul ass home because I knew I was living on borrowed time before he freaked out. So I definitely plan to return without him some day.
All in all, my second attempt to try something new this week turned out WAY better than the first. Probably because I had two fewer kids with me.

1 comment:

Mir said...

It was really nice to meet you, Cara! I'm glad you made it out and your baby was scrumptious. ;)